Monday, July 14, 2008

What’s the Best Thing that Happened to You During Your First Year of Marriage?

That’s a question I asked and included in the “Wives’ Words” section of my book, Help! I’m a Newlywed…What Do I Do Now? Answers varied from “We became better friends,” to “We got to make love whenever we wanted to and a whole lot,” to “I realized my husband loved me and was trying as hard as I was to learn how to be a good mate.”

There’s no right or wrong answer – as long as you have one. Just like planning your wedding, planning the rest of your life can be stressful and consuming. Your newlywed year is flying by and you don’t want to miss the wonderful “first times” that come with your first year. Do you remember the first time your husband introduced you as his wife? Or, the first time someone called you “Mrs. So & So?” I was in the doctor’s office and didn’t quite realize the “Mrs. Robertson” they were calling was me.

There are many magical moments that happen during your first year of marriage. Make sure to memories of them. So often it’s the drama that stands out in our minds, when it should be those special irreplaceable times.

So, how about you? What’s the best thing that’s happened to you during your first year of marriage? New wives everywhere want to know…

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

0 comments: