Friday, June 27, 2008

The Newlywed Life Book List

As an author and an avid reader, it was easy for me to decide to include a reading list on The Newlywed Life. While I haven’t decided if it will be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, I will regularly recommend books to help you thrive in your first year of marriage and beyond.

Obviously, my book, Help! I’m a Newlywed…What Do I Do Now? Wife-Saving Advice Every New Bride Must Know to Survive the First Year of Marriage, is at the top of the list because it’s filled with priceless tips to get you through that newlywed year and beyond; and, ahem, it’s mine. BUT, I promise I won’t overkill you with it.

So, with that said, the second book to add to the list is The Nest Newlywed Handbook, An Owner’s Manual for Modern Married Life, by Carley Roney.





This book, from the creators of The Knot and TheNest.com, is filled with advice, detailed to-dos, checklists, quizzes, and worksheets that are sure to spark conversations, fix problems and get your new life together on track and off to a good start. It speaks to both husbands and wives and is a great resource to read straight through or pick up and refer to certain chapters as needed.

As I urge you to read my book and others, I will constantly remind you while exploring these resources to keep two things in mind – be open to learning something that you didn’t know and be smart enough to ignore something that doesn’t work for you. Your marriage will be better for it! Happy reading …

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

0 comments: