Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome to The Newlywed Life

Yes, amazingly there is life after you stroll down the aisle and say “I do.” While marriage is fabulous it’s also full of challenges. This blog was created to help new brides and wives navigate through the kinks and changes of the first year of marriage. It’s also a place to chime in… leave comments, share your thoughts, joys and fears, and, oh yes, part of the fun of being a newlywed is showing off those wedding and honeymoon pictures. You can e-mail them to me at info@askwifey.com and I will share them with the world.

Why did I start this blog? It all started nine years ago… blah, blah, blah. OK, short version. I fell in love, got married, and found out that there is a whole lot going on with this marriage thing, especially in the first year. So, I wrote a book about it. Help! I’m a Newlywed … What Do I Do Now? Wife-Saving Advice Every New Bride Must Know to Survive the First Year of Marriage offers new wives straight-forward, practical advice to help them thrive in the first year of marriage and beyond. And, yes, I really did say, “Help! I’m a Newlywed…What Do I Do Now?”

Anyway, I’m sure I will share more about my book and lots of juicy secrets from it as time goes on. For more information or to get your own copy please visit my website, http://www.askwifey.com/. Oh, yes, my website. Every Wednesday I write my "Ask Wifey" column where I answer two questions about marriage and/or motherhood. You can e-mail your questions to questions@askwifey.com. My site also has a resource page, more information about me, and a link to my other blog, Wifey’s House. Please feel free to stop by and visit me there, especially if any new brides would like a glimpse into future married life, guests are always welcome.

Back to why I started this blog. To provide a little help, guidance, or at least let you know that your not alone. Marriage is wonderful, but in the beginning it can also be scary as #@*%! Hopefully The Newlywed Life can do something to make your newlywed life a little easier.

So with that said I decided to start The Newlywed Life right away, without her makeup done. But don’t worry, I’ve contacted the fabulous Trendy Mommy Blog Designs, who gave Wifey’s House her wonderful look, and she is working on a great design for this one, too.

In the meantime, welcome to The Newlywed Life; and always remember, there’s nothing wrong with not knowing what to do in marriage, but there is something wrong with not finding out.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

0 comments: